Iain Duguid is an Old Testament scholar with a passion for the church and for the preaching of the gospel. A native of Great Britain, he initially trained as an Electrical Engineer and served as a missionary in Liberia, West Africa, before studying for the ministry. He completed a Ph.D. in Old Testament at Cambridge University, and subsequently planted a church on an inner-city housing estate in Oxford, England. He has taught Hebrew and Old Testament at Reformed Theological Seminary in Jackson, Mississippi and at Westminster Seminary in California, before moving to his present position at Grove City College, in Grove City, Pennsylvania. While working at the seminary in California, he also planted and pastored a church in Fallbrook. He takes every possible opportunity to share his love for the Scriptures around the world, teaching regularly in Latvia as well as having taught in the Ukraine and in Canada. In his classes, Dr. Duguid is eager to help students learn not merely how to translate texts from Hebrew into English but also how to preach Christ from those ancient texts in ways that minister to the hearts of contemporary congregations. Dr. Duguid and his wife Barbara have been married for over twenty years and have five teenage children
- University of Edinburgh, Scotland: B.Sc. Electrical Engineering 1978-81
- Westminster Theological Seminary: M.Div. 1985-9
- University of Cambridge, England: Ph.D. 1992
1981 - 83; Electrical Engineer, Britoil plc, Glasgow, Scotland.
1983 - 85; Missionary Electrical Engineer, ELWA Christian Radio Station and Hospital, Monrovia, Liberia (Sudan Interior Mission).
1992 - 1995; Organizing Pastor, Redeemer Presbyterian Church, Barton, Oxford, England.
1995 - 96; Assistant Professor of Biblical Languages and Registrar, Reformed Theological Seminary, Jackson, MS.
1996 - 2006; Professor of Old Testament, Westminster Theological Seminary in California, Escondido, CA. Teaching elder in South Coast Presbytery (PCA).
2000 â€“ 2006; Organizing Pastor/co-pastor of Grace Presbyterian Church, Fallbrook (PCA).
2006-present; Professor of Old Testament, Grove City College
Dr. Duguid's writings include both scholarly and pastoral works. He was a translator for the Holman Christian Standard Version of the Bible and is a contributor to the New Living Translation Study Bible, the HCSV Study Bible and the ESV Study Bible. His books include:
- Ezekiel and the Leaders of Israel, Supplements to Vetus TestÂamentum 56 (Leiden: E.J. Brill, 1994).
- Ezekiel, NIV Application Commentary (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1999).
- Living in the Gap between Promise and Reality: The Gospel According to Abraham (Phillipsburg, NJ: Presbyterian and Reformed, 1999).
- Hero of Heroes: Seeing Christ in the Beatitudes (Phillipsburg, NJ: Presbyterian and Reformed, 2001).
- Living in the Grip of Relentless Grace: The Gospel According to Isaac and Jacob (Phillipsburg, NJ: Presbyterian and Reformed, 2002).
- Ruth, Esther Reformed Expository Commentary (Phillipsburg, NJ: Presbyterian and Reformed, 2005).
- Numbers, Preach the Word Commentary (Wheaton, Ill: Crossway, 2006).